“Siri, how much water did I drink today?”
“Alexa, what’s on TV tonight?”
“Google, turn off the lights!”
All San Clemente Realtors are all starting to talk to ourselves under the guise of speaking to our smart speakers and voice assistants.
There’s nothing at all incorrect with this, but it’s a future no one could have conceived even a decade ago. Our San Clemente Real Estate Agents who service Baby Boomers say smart speakers are awesome for creating grocery lists, but that’s just a small portion of what they’re able to do now. Your computer friends can control your lights and outlets from anywhere now. Now how amazing is that?
The Power of Smart Switches and Plugs
Our San Clemente Real Estate Agents who service Baby Boomers say smart switches and plugs are some of the most overlooked components of a smart home. As a matter of fact, they’re a cheap way to get into the smart home world if your home wasn’t built with this type of equipment in mind.
In addition, most San Clemente Real Estate Agents say they’re simple to install and essentially disappear after a few days. After all, they’re just boring plugs and switches, right?
Well… that’s one way to look at it. But, then again, how long do you go in a day without interacting with an outlet or a switch? Are you using either right now?
Behold the Handy, Hidden Household Helpers
If you really think about it, you use outlets and switches all the time for a wide range of reasons. Our San Clemente Realtors say that smart switches and smart plugs are no different, they’re a constant touch item in your home.
Nonetheless, there is a lot more than power regulators. Smart switches and plugs can do things for your household like:
- Making mornings tolerable. Our San Clemente Realtors say that a handful of individuals have heard of the coffee pot that’s powered using a smart outlet. You fill it up at night, then your programmed smart outlet switches on in the morning and starts the coffee cycle. It’s a popular trope, but it’s also a real thing… so you have that to look forward to.
- Proving peace of mind. Whether you’re across town or across the state, it’s not essential idea to advertise that you’re not home at night. Your smart switches and plugs can be programmed to flip on and off at different times to make it appear that you’re just hanging around the house.
- Conserving resources. Our San Clemente Realtors say that whether you think it’s true or not, a handful of homeowners find that they save a lot of energy with smart plugs. The better units have use reporting built in, all you have to do is check your app to see which ones are using up the most juice. You can also put together a schedule for those plugs, then check your usage again in a few months. Adjust the whole thing as necessary.
- Creating a safer indoor environment. Are you the kind of individuals who doesn’t like to walk into a dark house, even when it’s yours? Then smart switches and outlets should definitely be on your shopping list. You can turn all the lights in the house on when you pull into your subdivision or driveway, making it clear that you’re home, in case any ghouls (or burglars) happen to be lurking.
- Assisting people with handicaps. You may not need the help now, but even a debilitating sports injury can be enough to make you want to scream when you forget to turn a light on or off and are already across the room. For individuals who are permanently disabled, that’s an every happening. Fortunately, today with the help of Siri, Alexa and Google Home Assistant, all anyone needs to do is shout, “Siri, turn off the kitchen lights!” and it’s a done deal.
Furthermore, our San Clemente Real Estate Agents say that those little almost-invisible switches and outlets are pretty busy, looks like. They’re also an inexpensive way to jumpstart your smart home transformation.
As an example, if you wanted a way to turn your bedroom’s ceiling fan light off at night, you would save a bundle to install a smart switch versus using smart light bulbs and the switch won’t burn out any time soon, so bonus!
Ready to Make A Move Toward A Smarter Home?
In addition, our San Clemente Realtors say that even if you have an older home, you can start transforming it into a smart home with switches and outlets.
Every home and family will have different needs that a smart home can service, but due to the dizzying array of equipment out there, it can help to speak to a home pro about your plans.
Your San Clemente Real Estate Agent can suggest a smart home consultant or installer to help you pick the right bits and pieces to build the ideal, smartest home on the block.